Our Frequently Asked Questions are answered below!
1. What if my son or daughter doesn’t enjoy the program? If you are unsure whether your child will enjoy the program, you may choose to register for a one week trial. We find that children tend to enjoy the program once it is underway, because there are many fun activities.
2. Can I get a pro-rated fee? We require a full season commitment from each swimmer to meet the costs of the club’s operations. Therefore, there is no opportunity for a pro-rated fee.
3. Can I get a refund if we quit the program? The club does not provide refunds, because we depend on the full commitment of swimmers to the program.
4. How can I communicate with my child’s coach? There are several options: 1. You can email the coach directly. 2. Bring the matter to the bi-weekly meeting for parents of the grouping (held by the coach) after practice. 3. Before or after a practice, you can call the coach over to discuss a quick matter.
However, while the coaches are “on deck,” they need to focus on the swimmers; parents are asked not to communicate with the coach unless there is an urgent matter.
Please do not walk on deck to talk to the coach (or your child) for insurance and safety reasons. We also want the children to recognize the authority of the coaches.
5. I may not be able to complete the full volunteer duties. What should I do? You may want to talk to one of the club’s board members to discuss how you can contribute in different ways. For instance, there are many opportunities to assist with social, fundraising and awards activities that can be organized.
6. Where do I record my volunteer activities? There is a volunteer record sheet that will be distributed to each family. Please record your activity after you have completed the duty. Please keep track of your hours during the summer session. Don't have a sheet? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
7. Can I drop my child off or do I have to watch them swim? If your child can use the washroom on his/her independently, and you feel that he or she will participate, there is no need to stay. If you have any doubt, please ask the child’s coach before doing so, particularly if your child is under 8 years of age.
8. If I want to make changes to my contact information, who do I get in touch with? Contact the Registrar to make changes, and also let your child’s coach know of the change by email.
9. How do I find out who to get in touch with about other matters (social, fundraising etc.)? There is a bulletin board for our club posted at the outdoor pool, generally near the parent viewing area. Any other questions, please feel free to ask other parents or please email email@example.com
10. Once the season is underway, where do I hand in my forms, cheques, etc. and/or collect ribbons for my child? There will be a file folder system in place and please check with your child's coach for the location of the file folders. It is suggested that you check your folder weekly for communication and ribbons. (A week or two after the meets, the ribbons are distributed to the folders.)
11. What happens if my child misses his/her race/event? As per the policies outlined at the information parent night, we charge a fee back to the families for all races missed. A letter will be mailed to each family outlining what event and amounts owing by the end of the swimming season. This includes no shows to races and scratches. Questions? Please ask your coach or email firstname.lastname@example.org